Fundraising Opportunities at GVAHA
GVAHA IS COMMITTED To help FAMILIES defray the expense associated with ice hockey and team events through fundraising
What is Raise Right?
Purchasing gift cards for your everyday expenses while earning money towards your hockey bill!
What you need to know before you sign-up
During the initial registration, you will be asked for our registration code – please contact the GVAHA Fundraising Coordinator for GVAHA's code.
You can pay online with a bank account or credit card.
ShopWithScrip is now RaiseRight!
What our families are saying about RaiseRight
- Raise Right has been such an easy and great way for us to raise money towards our hockey bill! We use it whenever we can to help us save. Little by little it all adds up and we currently have close to $700 in our account for next season. Our favorite are the electronic gift cards! We prefer to do them right in the store so I know close to the amount we will need. Please reach out if you have questions, I'd love to share with you more about how we use Raise Right to help our family make hockey more affordable!
- I am so happy to be able to use Raise Right to help with the cost of hockey. The app is so easy to use! I love how I can order an e-gift card while eating at a restaurant to pay the bill.
- I love to order Raise Right gift cards - it’s nice to have restaurant ones on hand for gifts. I ordered some Visa ones at Christmas & it didn’t charge the extra $5 activation fee. The best part is I earn a percentage on each purchase which goes toward our grandsons' hockey fees.
A few More things to consider
- Shipping charges will be added for each physical card order placed and shipped to Coordinator; shipping cost will be based on the % of the total amount ordered among all orders and will be split according to that percentage; the shipping charge will be taken from the rebate
- Orders can be paid for online using your bank account or credit card
- Physical Scrip card orders are placed on Mondays when shipping is less than the rebate total's being ordered
Credits continue to be applied to your player’s accounts all year long!!
Some helpful information regarding when credits for fundraising will be applied:
- GVAHA Fundraising Coordinator will submit credits to the GVAHA treasurer by the 10th of every month for the month prior during the season
- GVAHA Treasurer will apply credits to the house player balances and to the GVAHA Travel Team Managers by the 17th of each month for the month prior during the season
- All credits will be reflected on your next month’s bill during the season
- All credits accrued during the off-season will be applied at one time, generally in September
- Credits between December to November will apply to the same season. For example, December 2021 - November 2022 will apply to the 2022-2023 season. Anything after December 1st, 2022 will apply to the following season
Ways to Earn Credits
- Raise Right
- Amazon Smile
- Official GVAHA Team Sponsorship
WAYS TO USE RAISE RIGHT
Get gas? Average $50 a week and use your Speedway Reloadable card, earn 4% and earn $96 a year
Buy groceries? Average $200 a week and use your Meijer Reloadable card, earn 3% and earn $288 a year
Eat out? Buffalo Wilds Wings 8%, Red Lobster 9%, Applebee's 8%, Red Robin 9%, Logan's Roadhouse 10%, On the Border 11%, Texas Roadhouse 8%
Shop for clothes? American Eagle 10%, Kohls 4%, Old Navy/Gap/Banana Republic 14%, Under Armour 11%
Find your favorite retailers and get earning today!
GVAHA is now an organization on Amazon Smile
Amazon donates 0.5% of each sale if people use our Smile account to purchase items.
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
How does AmazonSmile work?
When first visiting AmazonSmile, customers are prompted to select a charitable organization from almost one million eligible organizations. In order to browse or shop at AmazonSmile, customers must first select a charitable organization. For eligible purchases at AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the customer’s selected charitable organization.)
The Grand Valley Amateur Hockey Association (GVAHA) is a non-profit, volunteer organization that provides hockey programs in West Michigan. We serve hockey players from many surrounding communities including Hudsonville, Jenison, Grandville, Wyoming, Byron Center, Zeeland, Holland, Grand Haven, Allendale and more. GVAHA provides hockey opportunities for all ages.
Home Ice is Griff's Georgetown - 8500 48th Avenue, Hudsonville, Michigan 49426
Questions? Contact: email@example.com